At The Bridge Church, our vision is to be ‘A Light On A Hill, Transforming Our Communities, One Person At A Time’. This vision will be embodied as we build our ‘Bridge Life Centre’. The ‘Bridge Life Centre’ will be an outstanding facility for the children, young people and families of our community. The various areas, rooms and facilities in the centre will create a safe and dynamic environment where they’ll be able to thrive and develop emotionally, mentally, physically, socially and spiritually.
We want to equip and empower them to live life to their fullest potential through a holistic range of support and education, reigniting hope and a sense of purpose. We believe as we work with and support one person at a time, we will help transform our communities for the better.
PROGRESS SO FAR
We began the building work on the first phase at the start of Oct 2019 and aim for this to be completed in 2020. This work will create a purpose-built auditorium with adjoining lounge area, a new reception and entrance to the centre and a multi-purpose room on the first floor. When this first phase of work is complete it will mean:
– We can start a weekly after school Kids Club from Easter 2020.
– Drop in sessions for young people during the exam period helping with revision and mental health.
– We can run health/fitness classes.
– Increased and improved space for Bridge Kids, Bridge Tots and Bridge Youth.
Plans for the next phase of work and rest of the Bridge Life Centre are developing all the time, when the work is fully completed it will mean we will be able to:
– Run weekly drop ins for young people, creating a safe and fun environment where they can build relationships.
– Support and mentoring for young people through a variety of issues.
– Leadership training and development of skills in music, tech, business and sport.
– Weekly after school Kids Club and Holiday Clubs.
– Activity and interest clubs.
– Homework clubs.
MAKING THIS VISION A REALITY
Our goal is to impact 1000 people a week through the Bridge Life Centre. So far over £200,000 has been given, including £25,000 from Allchurches Trust, but we still require further finances to see the building completed. Would you be willing and able to give to help us impact these lives? This could be done by giving by standing order or one off donation. All contributions are greatly appreciated and go directly towards the work that is going to transform many lives.
Click below and select ‘Vision Offering’ in the first box to set up a standing order or to give a one off donation towards the Bridge Life Centre.